Affordable Auto Insurance in Illinois
At Oxford Auto Insurance, we offer comprehensive auto insurance to keep you protected financially while on the road. We specialize in providing affordable, high-quality auto insurance. To achieve this, our team compares policies that fit your needs with up to 15 providers. This ensures you always get the best quote available based on your specific needs. Expect exceptional service and the best price available in Chicago auto insurance.
What Type of Car Insurance Is Required in Illinois?
Finding low-cost auto insurance is good, but it needs to meet the state’s requirements as a first step. The state requires all drivers and vehicle owners to maintain a basic level of liability insurance. This type of insurance protects other drivers by paying for losses you cause. It does not protect your vehicle, medical bills or other losses. The state of Illinois requires:
- $25,000 of liability insurance for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 of bodily insurance liability insurance per accident
- $20,000 of property damage coverage
- $25,000 per person and $50,000 total per accident in underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage
These are the basic minimum levels of requirements to operate a vehicle in the state. However, this may not be enough car insurance to meet your needs and to keep your risks low.
Why Do I Need Insurance?
Affordable car insurance is available to most drivers. Having it can safeguard your investment in your vehicle. Liability insurance, for example, helps to cover the losses other drives face because of being in an accident that you cause. Without it, that person may file a lawsuit against you for the damages to his or her vehicle, medical bills and even the amount of time he or she missed at work.
Basic liability insurance is rarely enough protection, though. It’s best to consider more extensive coverage that can help reduce many of the risks you face when you own or operate a vehicle today. Including:
- Comprehensive auto insurance: This type of auto insurance covers losses related specifically to your vehicle from accidental incidents that you cannot prevent. For example, it may cover trees falling on the vehicle, fires, theft and vandalism. This can help to protect the value of your vehicle after such an accident.
- Collision insurance: This type of insurance covers damage to your vehicle if you hit something, such as a sign or another car.
- Medical payments: This type of policy helps to cover the costs related to your medical bills and that of your passengers if you’re involved in an accident.
It’s also important to increase the amount of liability insurance you purchase above what the state of Illinois requires. A single accident can lead to thousands of dollars in loss well above these minimal limits. If that occurs, you are personally financially responsible to cover those costs.
Benefits You’ll Receive From Oxford Auto Insurance
Not only will you find cheap auto insurance when you shop with Oxford Auto Insurance, but we also ensure you always get the features and services you need. These include:
Ready to get auto insurance in Illinois that suits your needs? Simply drop by at any of our local offices in Chicago, Cicero, Aurora, Harvey, and many other locations across the state. See the full list of our Oxford Auto Insurance branches in Illinois today.
Get a FREE Online Quote Today
Car insurance quotes take just a few minutes with Oxford Auto Insurance. Find out right away just how affordable it is to get the auto insurance you need. Our Chicago auto insurance rates are the lowest prices available. Let our team go to work for you today.
*Authorized Progressive Agent