Motorcyclists are more vulnerable on the road, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III). They don’t have the same protection that car drivers and passengers have, exposing them to greater chances of getting injured or worse, killed in a crash.
If you’re a motorcyclist, your vulnerability on the road is the biggest reason to get motorcycle insurance as required in Chicago IL.
The Prevalence of Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle owners make up only 3 percent of America’s total registered vehicles. In spite of this, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says motorcycle accidents happen 27 times more frequently compared to fatalities in other vehicles. The NHTSA further explains that at least 80 percent of motorcycle crashes result in injury or death.
This is why the state requires motorcyclists to get the minimum liability insurance. It’s to make sure you’re capable of handling the expenses before hitting the road. The insurance policy includes the following:
- $25,000 for injuries to or death of a person in one accident
- $50,000 for injuries to or death of 2 or more persons in a single accident
- $20,000 for property damage for every accident
Compliance with basic liability insurance is good. The downside is it may not give you enough financial protection; motorcycle accidents can devastate finances. The minimum liability insurance only covers the losses of the other party involved in the accident, which you may have caused.
So what kind of insurance should you have?
The Right Insurance for You
The right motorcycle insurance for you not only covers the basic liabilities but also takes care of your property and any injuries you sustain in such accidents. Here’s what a good insurance plan includes:
- Medical payments – This covers your medical bills should you need treatment or hospitalization after a road incident.
- Comprehensive coverage – This coverage can help you with repair costs after your motorcycle sustains damage due to theft, fire, falling objects, vandalism, or severe weather.
- Roadside assistance plans – This ensures you get help should your motorbike break down. Such plans include battery service, flat tire service, towing, fuel delivery, and more.
- Increased liability limits – This depends on your financial situation; it ensures that you receive the appropriate coverage. It can increase your liability limits at an affordable cost.
For low-cost motorcycle insurance, you can come to us. We have the right insurance plans for you and your motorcycle.
Spend Less for Better Protection
Hit the road with confidence and protection for your motorcycle with our motorcycle insurance plans. We will find the most competitive rates among several types of motorcycle insurance plans and compare the policies of many insurers.
Many factors affect how the cost of motorcycle insurance varies. In general, it tends to be costly since riding motorbikes is statistically riskier than when riding cars.
But work with us, and we will find a policy with extensive coverage at an affordable rate. Our team will help you find the right financial protection you will need.
Find out how much motorcycle insurance in Chicago costs. Talk to us and get a free quote today.