Best Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance
Cheap Car Insurance in Chicago 2023
Car insurance in Chicago is important. Did you know that every driver is likely to get into at least two accidents in their lifetime? Thankfully, this stat includes minor bumps, even when the car is stationary, so the majority of these cause no injury. However, most of them do some sort of damage to the car that can be the kind of sudden expense your finances aren’t ready to handle.
Besides being a legal necessity, car insurance is there to take the brunt of that expense, to safeguard your finances, and make sure you’re not falling headfirst into debt after a collision. Car insurance is legally required since you must be able to pay the costs of an accident that you’re liable for, but it also offers some protection from the costs of damage, accidents, theft, vandalism, fire, and more.
If you’re in need of cheap auto insurance in Chicago, then Oxford Auto Insurance is going to have you covered. We offer the cheapest car insurance starting at just $23 per month. We’re a premier auto insurance company with over 50 locations to service you and ensure you get the kind of financial protection that not only meets your legal minimum requirements, but that also protects you financially in a range of situations.
You can get a quote and get coverage the same day!
Here, we’re going to look at quality yet cheap car insurance, and how Oxford Auto can provide you with the best coverage possible. We will also go over what you need (and need to know) when it comes to auto insurance, and how you can save some money without choosing a policy that doesn’t offer enough protection.
Let’s get right to it!
Requirements for Car insurance in Chicago
As a city in the state of Illinois, Chicago demands that drivers meet the state’s requirements for minimum coverage.
As such, every car insurance provider you find is going to ensure that these minimum demands are met.
Illinois requires all drivers and vehicle owners to have a policy that covers a basic level of liability insurance. Besides paying for your own costs, this is primarily to ensure that other drivers are protected financially against the cost of losses that you might cost.
It’s worth noting that the minimum requirements of car insurance do not cover your own medical bills or other losses. It only covers the following:
- $25,000 of liability insurance for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 of bodily insurance liability insurance per accident
- $20,000 of property damage coverage
- $25,000 per person and $50,000 total per accident in underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage As mentioned, this level of coverage is designed to meet the needs of others who might have losses that you’re responsible for on the road. While meeting the minimum requirements might be the cheapest car insurance available, it’s very unlikely to be enough to meet your own needs.
When considering car insurance, you should consider your own needs, as well, which might require additional coverage. We’re more than happy to let you know which types of coverage are most frequently requested and to give you car insurance quotes on any policy that meets your needs.
Types of Car Insurance
Besides the basic liability insurance that’s designed to cover your minimum required coverage for bodily injury, vehicle damage, and property damage, Oxford Auto Insurance offers a huge range of cheap car insurance policies that can give you the kind of protection you need.
It’s important to remember that your basic liability for car insurance is designed to cover only the damage that is done to other parties involved in an accident or a collision. It may not be enough to cover your own costs, as well.
As such, at Oxford Auto Insurance, we are more than happy to help you choose more comprehensive yet still cheap car insurance policies. We have a range of policies that are designed to help you fulfill your legal obligations, but also to protect your own assets and health from the risks of owning and driving a car.
Some types of car insurance policies work considering include the following:
- Liability insurance: The minimum required coverage in most US states (including Illinois). As mentioned, basic liability insurance covers the damage for injuries and property damage incurred by other parties in the event of accidents or collisions that you are found legally responsible for.
- Collision insurance: This is a further level of insurance that’s designed to cover the costs of any damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident if you are legally responsible for an accident or the responsible party’s insurance does not cover for the total costs of damage.
- Medical payments coverage: This is another extra level of insurance that is designed to pay for the often very expensive medical costs following an accident. This can cover not only the costs of treatment itself, but associated costs such as ambulance fees.
- Comprehensive car insurance: Not only can comprehensive car insurance offer additional coverage in the event of an accident or collision with another vehicle. It can also help pay the costs of other expensive incidents such as vandalism, damage caused by extreme weather, natural disasters, and theft.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance: This insurance is designed to protect you and your car in the event of a hit-and-run accident or collision involving other drivers who may be uninsured or who may not have enough insurance to cover the costs of damage done to you or your property.
- Other types of insurance: There are many more types than can be covered here, including towing and labor insurance, gap insurance to cover the amount owed on a car after total loss/theft, and rental reimbursement insurance to cover the costs of any cars you have to rent while waiting for your own.
Many consider that the minimum level of insurance that’s legally required in Chicago and the state of Illinois is not enough to cover all the costs of even a single accident. One collision could see loss significantly above them and, if that’s the case, you have to personally cover any additional costs.
Oxford Auto Insurance can ensure that you get the additional cover that you need, depending on your own judgement, but without charging you at exorbitant rates. Get in touch with us for car insurance quotes any time and we’ll steer you in the right direction towards a sensible policy.
FAQs about Car Insurance
At Oxford Auto Insurance, we have helped thousands of drivers find insurance policies over our 65 years in business. As such, we also know the many questions that drivers might have about car insurance that they have trouble finding the answers to.
Beneath, we’re going to answer some of the most common questions we have heard from our customers in the past.
- Is car insurance required in Chicago: Yes, if you drive or own a car, car insurance is mandatory. The state required minimum coverage is stated in the text at the top of this page.
- Can car insurance companies drop you: Car insurance policies can be cancelled by either you or the However, car insurance companies can only legally drop you if you don’t meet premium payments, give fraudulent information to them, have your license suspended or revoked, make improper use of the policy, or if their company shuts down.
- Is car insurance tax deductible: Self-employed drivers using their vehicle for business purposes can make a deduction on car insurance. However, they can only make deductions on the miles that are driven explicitly for business purposes. Miles that are driven otherwise are not deductible.
- Do car insurance companies check your credit: Yes, auto insurance providers will perform a credit check in order to look at your credit score and reports. They do this to ensure that you have a reputation of meeting financial obligations and that you will be likely to make your insurance payments. Even if you have a poor credit history or no credit, Oxford Auto Insurance will be able to help you find the best suited policies to meet your needs at the cheapest rate possible, starting at just $23 per month.
- Do car insurance quotes affect your credit: No, car insurance companies do not impact your credit when they provide a quote or check your credit. They perform what is known as a “soft pull”, different from the “hard pull” that banks and other financial services do, which can indeed affect your credit score.
- Do car insurance companies check your driving history: Yes, car insurance providers are likely to check your driving history regardless of whether you’re buying a new policy, renewing an existing policy, or adding new coverage to an existing policy. Rarely will your driving history affect your ability to get insurance, but it may affect how much you are likely to pay for your insurance. At Oxford Auto Insurance, we aim to help you save up to 25% of all car insurance policies found through us, even if you have a history of past accidents.
- Do car insurance companies share information: Car insurance companies rarely share information with one another directly. However, the vast majority of them do sign up to national loss-underwriting databases. These services collect information on all drivers from the insurance companies they have policies with, and publish that information on a database to help insurance companies find data on their applicants. As such, if you have applied for insurance in the past, it is likely that the next company you apply to will have access to the same information you provided then.
If you have any other questions about how car insurance works in Chicago and the state of Illinois, don’t hesitate to get in touch and ask. We are here to serve you.
Why Choose Oxford Auto Insurance?
If you’re looking for cheap car insurance with rates starting at just $23 per month, that offers the kind of additional protection that you and your finances need, then Oxford has you covered. We’re more than happy to get you a car insurance quote designed to meet your exact needs. However, if you’re looking for other reasons to choose our policies, here are just a few things worth considering:
- Accessible and affordable: Our policies can come with low down payments, meaning you can secure your policy much more quickly and get your legal minimum requirements covered immediately. Once you’ve done that, you can start driving straight away.
- Monthly payments as affordable as you need: Though it depends on your policy and other factors, we can offer policies that cost as little as $23 a month for your state-required liability insurance. We guarantee competitive rates on all our policies, even beyond the legally required minimums.
- Insurance for personal use, professionals, and business owners: Beyond the standard car insurance we offer for all drivers, we also offer rideshare insurance and business liability insurance for cars.
- Set your own liability limits: We offer more than just the legally required minimum. If you want to make sure that you have a little additional coverage to protect your finances, we are glad to help you arrange it.
- Comprehensive and alternative insurance plans: We can help you cover the costs of theft, tow truck hire, rental, and much more. Whatever your needs, we have the policy that can help you meet them.
- Choose when your policy renews: If you don’t want to be locked into a long insurance policy contract, you don’t have to be. We offer both six-month and 12-month policies at a range of low insurance rates.
- Do it all online: You can browse, choose, buy, and inspect your insurance all online here at Oxford Auto The companies we work with offer instant proof of insurance that you can use to start driving immediately, no matter the time of day. As such, you can also pay online.
- Trusted source for car insurance: Oxford Auto Insurance is a member of the “Trusted Choice Insurance Network” and a member of “IIA of Illinois”. We also have an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau and a GOOD STANDING with the Department of Insurance.
About Oxford Auto Insurance
Oxford has been helping people find car insurance throughout Illinois for over 65 years now. Throughout all that time, we’ve gained a reputation for being amongst the best insurance agencies in the area thanks to the cost-effective policies we find, our ability to help drivers meet their exact needs, and for our dedication to customer service. From providing free cheap car insurance quotes to finding the most affordable and best suited policies, we make sure you don’t spend more money than you have to on the kind of coverage that you need.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Oxford Auto Insurance or to start quoting and buying online now. Besides offering total satisfaction since 1945, we’ve maintained a 90% customer satisfaction rating, earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and a reputation for consistently helping drivers save up to 25% on their car insurance, regardless of their driving history or credit.
Our priority is making buying insurance much easier and more convenient for all of our customers. As such, you get free quotes, buy insurance, make your payments, and even renew your policies all right here on the website. If you prefer a little help or a more personal touch, then we invite you to get in touch with one of our over 50 local offices in Chicago and throughout Illinois.
Contact us for cheap car insurance today!
We are eager to help you save up to 25% on car insurance policies that are designed to meet your needs. Whether you want to meet your legal liability coverage requirements, to get some excess to offer some financial protection, or to get insurance for your rideshare car, Oxford Auto is here to help you. You can get started online or get in touch and we will immediately provide free quotes looking at some of the best insurance policies available to you.
Simply get started by getting a quote with our online tool on the home page or give our customer care team a call at 312-260-9000 to be directed to the office closest to you. Our team is happy to help you, no matter your needs, so don’t hesitate to contact us for a quote.
Credit: Central Insurance
Chicago OxFord Auto Insurance Locations
5821 S Kedzie Ave
Chicago, IL 60629
5849 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60629
6311 S Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60636
6725 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60626
9106 S Commercial Ave
Chicago, IL 60617
9920 S Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60643
Chicago Secretary of State Locations
The Secretary of State can help you if you need to get your drivers license, make changes to your drivers license, make changes to your address, renew your drivers license or your plates. Click on the location to see the services they offer. You can also contact them before going to confirm what documentation you need to take with you when you go. Remember not all offices offer the same services.
If you are involved in a traffic accident that occurs on an Illinois Tollway, always remember to dial 911 in the case of an injury, you can also contact the Illinois State Police District 15 at (630) 241-6800.
If you have been involved in a traffic accident on a freeway in the Chicago metro area (Cook County), you may file your report in person with a trooper within ten days of the accident. Always remember that you should exchange information with the other motorist involved in the accident and always be prepared to provide your drivers license information, your vehicle registration, proof of liability insurance, and it is always a good idea to get contact information for all of the drivers not present for follow up investigation by troopers.